These sweet and spicy steak lettuce wraps are crunchy and fresh thanks to a mix of raw vegetables and herbs. We use cucumber and red bell peppers in our lettuce wraps, but shredded carrots, thinly sliced shallot, or green papaya would also taste fantastic. We liked the flavor from a mix of herbs, but you can use only one type if that’s what you have on hand. For the best sear, pat the steaks as dry as possible and allow the oil to get smoking hot before adding the beef to the skillet.
Steak Lettuce Wraps with Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 (5 oz) steaks, vacuum sealed
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 4-6 large lettuce leaves
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- ½ cucumber, cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro, basil, mint, or a combination of the three
1) Place steaks in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > My Cook Settings
Protein: 130°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
2) After the cook, remove steaks from packaging and pat dry thoroughly. Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet until just smoking. Add the steaks and sear 1-2 minutes per side until well browned. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into thin slices.
3) Divide steak, bell pepper, and cucumber between lettuce leaves. Top with Thai chili sauce and herbs. Divide wraps between plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 350, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 25g, Total Sodium 790mg, Total Protein 31g