Try adding chipotle powder to mashed sweet potatoes for a touch of smoky and spicy flavors that balance out the natural sweetness of this classic dish. The key to this recipe is to only add enough water to come up to halfway on the sweet potatoes. This little amount of water ensures that you can simply mash the sweet potatoes in the pan without having to drain any water.
Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potato Mash
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 tsp chipotle chile powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
1) Divide 2 lbs cubed sweet potatoes, 3 tbsp unsalted butter, 2 tsp chipotle chile powder, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp salt, and ½ tsp ground black pepper between two Suvie pans. Fill each pan with just enough water to come halfway up the side of the sweet potatoes, about 1 cup per pan. Insert pans into Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook on High for 2 hours
Top Zone: Slow Cook on High for 2 hours
2) After the cook, remove pans from Suvie and mash with a potato mashed until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 180, Total Fat 6g, Total Carbohydrates 30g, Total Sodium 470mg, Total Protein 2g.