This simple recipe delivers big, bold flavor thanks to the combination of fish sauce and brown sugar. The chicken thighs are first sous vide in the sauce to soak up that sweet and funky flavor before being broiled until juicy and crisp. While the chicken broils, we cook down the sauce into a perfect salty, sweet glaze that is drizzled onto the chicken just before serving. Paired with fluffy white rice and herby cilantro leaves, this dish is a knockout that will have you wanting to make it again and again.
Sweet and Sticky Chicken Thighs
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 24 oz bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
1) In a medium bowl, whisk together the fish sauce and brown sugar.
2) Pat chicken dry and place in a vacuum bag with the garlic cloves and fish sauce mixture. Vacuum seal chicken and transfer to a Suvie pan. Fill pan with water and transfer to the top right zone of your Suvie. Place rice in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 160°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 15 minutes
3) After the chicken has finished cooking, remove from vacuum bags and transfer to a clean, dry Suvie pan skin-side up. Pour liquid from the bag into a small skillet. Remove rice from your Suvie and fluff with a fork.
4) Return chicken and garlic cloves to your Suvie and broil for 10 minutes until skin is crisp, rotating pans halfway through.
5) While the chicken broils, bring the fish sauce mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until thickened.
6) Divide rice and chicken between plates, drizzling sauce on top. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 510, Total Fat 28g, Total Carbohydrates 31g, Total Sodium 1560mg, Total Protein 30g