Six ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time is all you need to get a flavorful summer dinner the whole family will love. This dish has a lot going for it: spicy Italian sausage, sweet summer corn, fresh basil, and a touch of heavy cream all wrapped up with tender pasta. We love the combination of hot Italian sausage with the sweet corn kernels, but you can swap for a less spicy version if you’re spice averse.
Sweet Corn and Italian Sausage with Pasta
- 10 oz pasta such as campanelle
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 ears fresh corn
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
1) Place 10 oz pasta in a Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot. Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 4 cups, 10 minutes
2) Meanwhile, remove sausage from casings and crumble into a Suvie pan. Sprinkle garlic over the sausage and place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now, stirring occasionally and breaking sausage up with a spoon.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 25 minutes
Top Zone: None
3) Cut corn kernels from the cobs and transfer to a large bowl with ¼ cup basil and 2 tbsp heavy cream. Once the pasta is finished cooking, transfer to the bowl with the corn.
4) Remove sausage from Suvie and pour over the pasta, scraping any additional oil into the bowl. Stir to incorporate and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 700, Total Fat 40g, Total Carbohydrates 60g, Total Sodium 980mg, Total Protein 26g.