This lightning-fast recipe utilizes two of the most popular items from our protein box subscription: wild blue shrimp and Kevin’s Thai Coconut Sauce. Our wild blue shrimp are sweet, succulent, and cook up in just a few minutes. We stir the creamy coconut sauce into the shrimp and then serve it on top of fluffy white rice alongside tangy cucumber salad.
Thai Coconut Shrimp with Cucumber Salad
- ¾ cup jasmine rice
- 8 oz peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup Kevin’s Thai Coconut Sauce
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 tbsp minced shallot or red onion
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves, optional
1) Bring 1½ cups water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Stir in jasmine rice and ½ tsp salt, reduce heat, cover, and cook for 15 minutes or until rice is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
2) Meanwhile, pat shrimp dry and season with ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ ground black pepper. Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the shrimp in an even layer and cook for 1-2 minutes per side until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in the Thai Coconut Sauce.
3) In a small bowl stir together the cucumber, shallot, rice wine vinegar, and season to taste with salt.
4) Divide rice, shrimp, and cucumber between plates and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 630, Total Fat 13g, Total Carbohydrates 127g, Total Sodium 990mg, Total Protein 40g