This pound cake is the perfect example of how the simplest things can be the most satisfying. A combination of both vanilla extract and vanilla beans adds sweet floral flavor to our classic pound cake recipe. We’ve opted to forgo a finishing glaze to let the vanilla flavors truly shine.
Vanilla Bean Pound Cake
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 vanilla bean
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1) Spray a Suvie pan with cooking spray and line with parchment so that parchment hangs over the edge of the pan. In a large bowl, whisk together 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp baking soda, and ½ tsp salt.
2) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat 1 cup sugar and 1 stick softened butter together on medium-high until light and airy, about 5 minutes.
3) Cut a slit lengthwise into the vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds (discard pod or save for another use). Add 2 eggs and vanilla seeds to the mixer, and beat to incorporate, about 1 minute, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add ½ cup sour cream and 1 tsp vanilla extract and beat for 1 minute.
4) Reduce mixer to low and slowly add flour mixture until just combined. Scrape down sides and bottom of the bowl. Transfer batter to prepared pan, cover pan with foil, and insert into the bottom zone of your Suvie. Input settings and cook now. Remove foil when 15 minutes remain.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 350°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: None
5) After cooking, remove cake from Suvie and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Using parchment as a sling, lift cake out of pan and transfer to a drying rack. Cool completely before cutting into slices and serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 330, Total Fat 16g, Total Carbohydrates 44g, Total Sodium 120mg, Total Protein 4g.