These savory salmon filets have a sweet and spicy kick thanks to a homemade honey Dijon glaze. To add a little textural contrast to the tender salmon we top each filet with a mixture of panko breadcrumbs and finely chopped walnuts which we then broil to a fragrant golden brown. Serve these delicious walnut crushed salmon filets with a side of steamed vegetables on top of pasta or rice for a well rounded meal everyone will enjoy.
Walnut Crusted Salmon Filets
- 2 (4 oz) skinless, salmon filets, vacuum sealed
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
1) Place salmon in a Suvie pan and cover with water. Insert pan into the bottom zone of Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 120°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: None
2) While the salmon cooks, stir honey and Dijon mustard together in a small bowl. In a separate small bowl, stir together walnuts and panko breadcrumbs.
3) After the cook, remove salmon from packaging, pat dry, and transfer to a clean, dry Suvie pan. Sprinkle each filet with salt and pepper. Drizzle honey mustard over each filet and then top with walnut mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
4) Return pan to Suvie and broil for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant.
Remove pan from Suvie, divide between plates, and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top right zone of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Protein to 120°F for 1 hour”
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 300, Total Fat 15g, Total Carbohydrates 12g, Total Sodium 420mg, Total Protein 26g
you set the top and bottom zones for 1 hour even though you are only using the top zone?
Hi Don, thanks for catching that. We have updated the recipe.