Mix anything salty, nutty and crunchy with sweet, melty chocolate and it’s a bonafide winner in our book. We’ve cooked up our version of this well-known cookie and come out with a soft and chewy bar complete with caramelized white chocolate chips thanks to the longer cook time. These cookie bars make a great addition to any school lunch, as long as the adults don’t eat them all first.
White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Cookie Bars
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
1) In a large bowl, whisk together butter, brown sugar, salt, egg, and vanilla extract. In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
2) Add dry ingredients, stirring to incorporate. Mix in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Spread batter into parchment-lined Suvie pan using lightly wet fingers. Load into your Suvie.
3) Load empty starch pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 2 hours
4) After the cook, remove pan from Suvie. Let bars cool 15 minutes and then slice into 8 squares and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 2 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (8 servings per recipe): Calories 334, Total Fat 16.5g, Total Carbohydrates 39.6g, Total Sodium 192.8mg, Total Protein 4.6g