Who says fancy has to be complicated? Elevate your breakfast menu with our incredibly simple frittata filled with eye-catching asparagus spears and mouth-watering chunks of crab. And to tie it all together, we’ve paired this flavorful frittata with a bright and citrusy arugula salad to keep things light. This breakfast freezes well so be sure to make a double batch for fancy and fast meals down the road.
Asparagus and Crab Frittata
- 6 oz asparagus, cut on a bias into 2” pieces
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 4 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 oz lump crab meat, cooked
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 oz arugula
1) Add 6 oz asparagus to a Suvie pan and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil. Broil for 10 minutes.
2) During the broil, whisk the 8 eggs, 8 oz crab meat, ½ cup half and half, 4 oz parmesan cheese, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp black pepper together. Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus and stir. Load pan into the bottom of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes
Top Zone: Bake at 350°F for 0 minutes
3) After the cook, remove the pan from your Suvie and let the frittata cool for 5 minutes.
4)While the frittata cools, drizzle 2 tbsp lemon juice over 4 oz arugula and gently toss with a fork. Divide frittata and arugula between plates and garnish with additional parmesan cheese and fresh ground black pepper.
Nutritional Information per serving (6 servings per recipe): Calories 235, Total Fat 13.1g, Total Carbohydrates 3.3g, Total Sodium 587mg, Total Protein 24.8g