We took our cheesy egg bite recipe and added savory breakfast sausage for a flavorful and protein-packed breakfast. To account for the extra sausage we dropped the milk from our original recipe while retaining the rest of the ingredients. These breakfast bites are loaded with the same delicious fluffy eggs, gooey cheese, and sour cream as the original, but have the added benefit of flavorful sausage. This recipe will work with any pre-cooked breakfast sausage such as pork, turkey, or vegetarian sausage.
Note: If you would like, add 1-2 tsps homemade Breakfast Sausage Seasoning to add even more flavor to this delicious meal.
Breakfast Sausage Egg Bites
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 oz shredded colby jack cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled, cooked breakfast sausage
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the baking powder, flour, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp ground black pepper, eggs, and sour cream until smooth. Stir in the shredded cheese and breakfast sausage.
2) Spray Suvie egg tray lightly with cooking spray and pour in the egg mixture. Insert egg tray into a Suvie pan, and fill with water. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 175°F for 2 hours
Top Zone: None
3) Remove tray from Suvie, let cool 5 minutes before inverting egg tray and removing egg bites. Serve with hot sauce or red pepper flakes.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top right zone of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Protein to 175°F for 1 hour.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 120, Total Fat 9g, Total Carbohydrates 2g, Total Sodium 320mg, Total Protein 8g