We took our cheesy egg bite recipe and added savory breakfast sausage for a flavorful and protein-packed breakfast. To account for the extra sausage we dropped the milk from our original recipe while retaining the rest of the ingredients. These breakfast bites are loaded with the same delicious fluffy eggs, gooey cheese, and sour cream as the original, but have the added benefit of flavorful sausage. This recipe will work with any pre-cooked breakfast sausage such as pork, turkey, or vegetarian sausage.
Breakfast Sausage Egg Bites
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 oz shredded colby jack cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled, cooked breakfast sausage
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the baking powder, flour, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp ground black pepper, eggs, and sour cream until smooth. Stir in the shredded cheese and breakfast sausage.
2) Spray Suvie egg tray lightly with cooking spray and pour in the egg mixture. Insert egg tray into a Suvie pan, fill with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 175° for 1 hour
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
3) Remove tray from Suvie, let cool 5 minutes before inverting egg tray and removing egg bites. Serve with hot sauce or red pepper flakes.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 120, Total Fat 9g, Total Carbohydrates 2g, Total Sodium 320mg, Total Protein 8g