Enjoy the autumnal flavor of caramel apples in one decadently delicious bar. We start with a crumbly shortbread crust and top it with tart granny smith apples, sweet caramel, and crunchy granola. Be sure to let these bars cool completely before slicing and serving. We know it’s a challenge to wait, but if cut into too soon, the caramel filling will ooze away. If needed, you can pop the pan into the fridge to cool after letting it sit at room temperature for half an hour.
Caramel Apple Bars
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed, plus 2 tbsp, separated
- 2 large granny smith apples
- 8 oz caramel candies
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granola
1) In the bowl of a food processor, add 1 ½ cups flour, ¾ cup granulated sugar, and ¼ tsp salt. Process for 30 seconds. Add 10 tbsp cubed butter and pulse until the mixture resembles wet sand, about 20 pulses. Press mixture into the bottom of a Suvie pan and insert into the top of Suvie. Input settings and cook until golden brown and fragrant.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes
Top Zone: Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes
2) After the crust is done baking, remove from Suvie and allow to cook slightly. Peel, core, and finely chop granny smith apples and set aside. Melt 8 oz caramel candies in a small saucepan with 2 tbsp butter over medium low heat.
3) Mix apple pieces into the caramel and pour over crust, pressing flat with a rubber spatula. Toss 1 cup granola and ½ tsp cinnamon together and then scatter the granola evenly over the caramel mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
4) Return pan to Suvie and bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until mixture is hot and bubbling. Remove from Suvie and allow to cool completely before slicing and serving, about 2 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (12 servings per recipe): Calories 350, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 54g, Total Sodium 150mg, Total Protein 4g.