This surf and turf hybrid is inspired by all the delicious bounty found throughout the Chesapeake Bay region. A compound butter (a super seasoned butter blend) consisting of shallots, chives, and seafood seasoning is used to flavor the chicken breast fillets and the lump crab meat. After the chicken fillets and crab have thoroughly cooked in their buttery juices, they’re served atop thick slices of beefsteak tomatoes. Those reserved pan juices are drizzled over the finished plates as well as a little sprinkle of capers for a tart pop.
Chicken Chesapeake with Tomatoes and Capers
- 4 tbsp softened butter
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- ½ tsp seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- 1 lb or 4 thin chicken fillets
- 8 oz lump crab meat
- 1 lemon
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 2 tsp capers
1) Place 4 tbsp softened butter, 1 minced shallot, 2 tbsp chopped chives, ½ tsp seafood seasoning, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of black pepper in a medium bowl. Stir to combine the butter and divide in half.
2) Pat the 4 chicken fillets dry with paper towels and place in a Suvie pan. Spread half of the butter over the top of the fillets. Place 8 oz crab meat in another Suvie pan and dollop with the remaining butter. Cut the lemon in half, squeeze half of the lemon over the crab meat, and cut the other half into slices (save the lemon slices for garnish). Place the chicken in the bottom zone and the crab meat in the top zone of your Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Roast at 400°F for 15 minutes
Top Zone: Roast at 300°F for 15 minutes
3) After the cook, remove the pan containing the crab from your Suvie, fluff the crab meat gently with a fork, and set aside. Broil the chicken for 3-5 minutes or until golden. Remove the pan from your Suvie.
4) Divide tomato slices between 4 plates. Top tomato slices with chicken fillets, crabmeat, and sprinkle with 2 tsp capers. Drizzle a little of the chicken pan-drippings over the dish before serving. Garnish with lemon slices.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 293, Total Fat 19g, Total Carbohydrates 6g, Total Sodium 680mg, Total Protein 33g.