This keto-friendly recipe is perfect for that night where you don’t want to even think about cooking. We used zucchini and summer squash in this recipe but it can easily be replaced with any vegetable you like and have on hand. We use the classic Italian herb combo of thyme, oregano, and basil that makes this dinner feel like a well-planned meal rather than just throwing something in a bowl. Enjoy this easy prep, healthy, and light dinner any day of the week.
Chicken Sausage with Summer Squash
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced ¼” thick
- 1 yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced ¼” thick
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 14 oz (1-2 per person) chicken sausage
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- In a Suvie pan toss the sliced onion, zucchini and summer squash with the salt and black pepper (this amount of salt helps draw the moisture out of the zucchini and squash. Most of it will be drained off at the end of the cook). Load into upper left zone of Suvie.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and the chicken sausage to a vacuum-seal bag and seal. Place in another Suvie pan, fill pan with water and load into upper right zone of Suvie. Fill reservoir, enter cook settings and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 160 degrees, 45 minutes
Vegetable: 15 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
- During the cook combine remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, and basil in a small bowl. Set aside until cook is complete.
- After the cook, remove both pans from Suvie. Drain water from the sausage pan. Pat pan dry. Remove sausages from their bag and return to Suvie pan. Drain excess water from vegetables, then toss with the oil-herb mix. Return both pans to Suvie and broil for 10 minutes, stirring/rotating halfway through the cook. If after 10 minutes the vegetables and sausages have not started to brown, broil for another 7 minutes.
- To serve, divide vegetables among four plates. Slice the sausages and distribute over the vegetables.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 383, Total Fat 23.3g, Total Carbohydrates 12.3g, Total Sodium 1504.6mg, Total Protein 32.7g