Skirt steak is a tough cut of meat that benefits from high heat applications. Broiling the steak in the Suvie ensures that it cooks quickly at a very high temperature, resulting in tender, juicy meat. We serve our steak with a drizzle of chimichurri, which is tangy, vibrant, and fresh. To make your chimichurri without a food processor, follow this recipe.
Easy Broiled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri
- 1 lb skirt steak, trimmed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 2 tsp fresh oregano
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tsp, divided
1) Pat steak dry and rub all over with 1 tsp olive oil and season with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Arrange steak on a Suvie roasting pan set inside a Suvie pan. Insert pan into the bottom zone of your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Broil for 10 minutes
Top Zone: None
2) While the steak cooks, prepare the chimichurri. In the bowl of a food processor combine 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, ½ cup parsley, 2 tsp oregano, ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, and 3 tbsp olive oil. Puree until smooth, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt.
3) Remove steak from Suvie and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing against the grain into thin pieces. Divide between plates and top with chimichurri.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 280, Total Fat 21g, Total Carbohydrates 1g, Total Sodium 230mg, Total Protein 23g.