Use this recipe as a template to make any variety of sous vide tofu. All you need is a package of firm tofu and a sauce of your choosing. Try barbeque, hoisin, teriyaki, or curry sauce – the sky’s the limit! Cooking tofu sous vide with sauce means the tofu gets to marinate and cook at the same time, resulting in highly flavorful tofu. If desired, broil or sauté the tofu after sous viding to further concentrate its flavor. Serve your tofu over rice, tucked into sandwiches, or in a stir fry.
How to Sous Vide Tofu
- 1 (15 oz) packaging firm tofu, cut into planks
- ½ cup sauce such as barbecue, teriyaki, curry, or hoisin
1) Lay tofu out on a double layer of paper towels and then top with paper towels. Place a heavy pot or pan on top of the tofu for about 15 minutes to press out as much water as possible.
2) Season tofu with ½ tsp salt and arrange in a vacuum bag with ½ cup sauce. Vacuum seal bag, place in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom: Sous Vide at 175° for 1 hour
Top: Sous Vide at 175°F for 1 hour
3) After the cook, remove tofu from bags, broil if desired, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 170, Total Fat 7g, Total Carbohydrates 17g, Total Sodium 520mg, Total Protein 12g.