This delicious grain bowl comes together in a flash thanks to a highly flavorful sauce that pulls double duty as both a marinade and a dressing. Coriander, paprika, and oregano are the three heavy hitters in this delicious sauce and taste great cooked with the chicken and also whisked into the creamy yogurt sauce. Fluffy bulgur and leafy greens make the perfect base for the chicken, cucumber, tomato, and red onion – the dressing ties it all together!
Mediterranean Chicken Bowl
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus 1 tbsp, separated
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 large cucumber
- ½ red onion
- 8 oz ripe tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 6 cups mixed leafy greens
1) In a medium bowl, whisk together ¼ cup olive oil, oregano, garlic, coriander, paprika, pepper, and 2 tsp salt. Reserve 1 tbsp sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
2) Pat chicken dry and then vacuum seal the chicken with the remaining sauce. Place chicken in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and place in the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 155° for 1 hour
Top Zone: None
3) Place 1 cup bulgur in the Suvie rice pot (black handles) and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Grains, Bulgur, 1 cup
4) Meanwhile, whisk 1 cup Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and 3 tbsp water into the reserved sauce and place in the fridge until ready to use. Roughly chop the cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onion; set aside.
5) After the chicken has finished cooking, remove from vacuum bags, pat dry, and return to your Suvie. Broil chicken until browned, about 10-15 minutes.
6) Meanwhile, toss the bulgur, cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions together in a large bowl with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7) Divide leafy greens between shallow bowls and top with bulgur mixture. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice into ½ inch thick slices. Divide chicken between bowls. If the dressing has thickened while sitting, whisk in water, 1 tbsp at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. Drizzle each serving with reserved dressing and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 400, Total Fat 15g, Total Carbohydrates 31g, Total Sodium 1257mg, Total Protein 43g