Pollo alla Romana (or Roman-Style Chicken) features slowly braised chicken flavored with sweet bell peppers and tomato. This dish bears many similarities to the well known Chicken Cacciatore, but be sure to use red and orange peppers to mimic the colors of the local soccer club in Rome – AS Roma.
Pollo alla Romana
- 2 bell peppers, 1 red, 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1) Divide the thinly sliced peppers and onion between two Suvie pans.
2) Combine the drained tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano, and thyme in a bowl, then divide between the pans.
3) Cut the chicken breasts and thighs into large strips, season generously with salt and pepper.
Nestle the chicken into the peppers and onions. Fill reservoir, enter the settings, and set to Cook Now or Schedule.
Slow Cook & Starch
High: 2 hours
Starch: 0 minutes
4) After the cook, broil both pans for 10 minutes until the chicken is browned and the sauce is bubbling.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and divide between plates to serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 365, Total Fat 13.6g, Total Carbohydrates 7g, Total Sodium 505mg, Total Protein 50g