Nothing gets you ready for the day on a cold winter morning like a hot bowl of perfectly cooked steel-cut oats. The pumpkin puree and peanut butter add a rich, silky texture, but also give the oats even more substance to power you through the morning. Warming spices like cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg brighten up the oatmeal and a dash of maple syrup gives it just a little sweetness.
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups water
- Optional garnish: maple syrup, dates or other dried fruit, coconut crisps
1) In a Suvie pan, stir together steel cut oats, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, peanut butter, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and water.
2) Insert pan into the bottom zone of Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 2 hours
3) After cooking, stir oatmeal to combine and adjust seasoning to taste.
4) Garnish with maple syrup, dried fruit, and coconut crisps.