Save yourself the time and energy of buying and cooking a multitude of ingredients when tomato puree and Italian sausages are all you need to make a delicious pork ragu. Our Italian sausages are packed with a blend of aromatic herbs and spices, making them an ideal shortcut when you want ample flavor with little effort. We finish our ragu with a shower of parmesan cheese and fresh basil for a filling meal packed with flavor.
Sausage Ragu with Pasta
- 2 large Italian sausages
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 4 oz campanelle pasta
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley or basil
1) Remove sausage from casing and crumble into a Suvie pan.
2) Insert pan into the bottom zone of your Suvie and broil for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
3) Remove sausage from Suvie and stir in 1 cup tomato puree, mashing sausage slightly. Return pan to your Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High, 2 hours
4) Place pasta in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot. Place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 2 cups, 10 minutes
5) After the cook, remove pans from your Suvie. Mash sausage with a fork until broken up and season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide pasta between bowls and top with sausage ragu. Garnish each serving with Parmesan cheese and herbs just before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 500, Total Fat 20g, Total Carbohydrates 55g, Total Sodium 680mg, Total Protein 24g