Save yourself the time and energy of buying and cooking a multitude of ingredients when tomato puree and Italian sausages are all you need to make a delicious pork ragu. Our Italian sausages are packed with a blend of aromatic herbs and spices, making them an ideal shortcut when you want ample flavor with little effort. We finish our ragu with a shower of parmesan cheese and fresh basil for a filling meal packed with flavor.
Sausage Ragu with Pasta
- 2 large Italian sausages
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 4 oz campanelle pasta
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley or basil
1) Remove sausage from casing and crumble into a Suvie pan.
Insert pan into the top of your Suvie and broil for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
2) Remove sausage from Suvie and stir in tomato puree, mashing sausage slightly. Return pan to your Suvie. Place pasta and in a starch pan and insert into your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Slow Cook Settings
High, 2 hours
Starch: 12 minutes
3) After the cook, remove pans from your Suvie. Mash sausage with a fork until broken up and season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide pasta between bowls and top with sausage ragu. Garnish each serving with parmesan cheese and herbs just before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 500, Total Fat 20g, Total Carbohydrates 55g, Total Sodium 680mg, Total Protein 24g