Crunchy, fresh, and vibrant, these shrimp lettuce cups are easy to make with pre-sealed shrimp and store-bought teriyaki sauce. First the shrimp is sous vide and then broiled with the teriyaki sauce to caramelize the sugars in the sauce for extra flavor. A mix of herbs adds bright verdancy and cucumber and peanuts add crunch. Mix and match other toppings such as cashews, toasted coconut, lime juice, or chile sauce to your liking.
Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- 8 oz peeled, deveined, shrimp, vacuum sealed
- 1 small cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small head bibb lettuce
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup mixed herbs such as cilantro, basil, and/or mint
- 1 tbsp chopped peanuts
1) Place shrimp in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 130°F for 30 minutes
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
2) After the cook, remove shrimp for packaging, pat dry, and roughly chop. Transfer shrimp to a clean, dry Suvie pan and stir in the teriyaki sauce. Return pan to your Suvie and broil 6-8 minutes until fragrant
3) Remove shrimp from Suvie, divide between bibb lettuce leaves and top with cucumber, herbs, and peanuts.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 230, Total Fat 10g, Total Carbohydrates 12g, Total Sodium 1550mg, Total Protein 35g