Sweet peas and a creamy, punchy mustard sauce are the perfect additions to decadent ribeye steaks. We sous vide the steaks until perfectly medium-rare and then sear on the stovetop for a deep mahogany finish. We like our steaks medium-rare, but if you’d prefer a different level of doneness, check out our temperature guide to find the settings that work for you.
Sous Vide Ribeye Steaks with Mustard Sauce
- 1 (1 lb) ribeye steak
- 1 cup spring peas
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1) Season strip steak generously with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Vacuum seal steak and place inside a Suvie pan. Cover steak completely with water and place pan in the bottom zone of Suvie.
2) Pour ⅓ cup water into a second Suvie pan. Place Suvie roasting rack (handles facing up) into the pan and pour peas onto the rack. Place pan in the top zone of Suvie. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous vide at 130°F for 1 hour, 30 minutes
Top Zone: Steam for 12 minutes
3) After the steak is done cooking, remove both pans from Suvie. Remove steak from packing and pat dry thoroughly. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large cast iron or heavy-bottom skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add the steak and sear until brown, about 1 minute per side. Set steak aside.
4) Reduce heat to medium and add shallot to skillet and cook until softened, about 1 minute. Add 2 tbsp wine, scraping the bottom of the skillet to remove any browned bits. Cook until reduced, about 1 minute.
5) Reduce heat to medium low and whisk in ¼ cup chicken broth and 1 tbsp Dijon. Cook until sauce coats the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the heavy cream and season to taste with salt and pepper. Slice steaks against the grain and divide between plates with spring peas. Spoon mustard sauce over the steak and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 480, Total Fat 25g, Total Carbohydrates 12g, Total Sodium 210mg, Total Protein 53g.