For a fresh and flavor-packed meal, try our recipe for summer steak salad, bursting with tangy cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, and savory steak. The fastest and easiest approach to this recipe is to start with Suvie’s own sirloin steaks, which are pre-seasoned and vacuum sealed to save you time. All you have to do is whisk together a three ingredient vinaigrette and finish your steak in a hot pan. Now, wasn’t that easy?
Summer Steak Salad with Tomatoes and Corn
- 2 (5 oz) sirloin steaks, vacuum sealed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups leafy greens
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
1) Place steaks in a Suvie pan, cover with water, insert into the top right zone of your Suvie.
2) Place cherry tomatoes in a Suvie pan and insert into the top left zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and Cook Now or Schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 125°F for 45 minutes
Vegetable: 15 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
3) After the cook, remove pan with the steak from your Suvie. Broil tomatoes for 10 minutes.
4) Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes. Remove steaks from vacuum bags and pat dry thoroughly. Add vegetable oil to the skillet, swirling to coat. Add the steaks and cook for 1 minute or until browned. Flip steaks over and sear for 1 minute on the opposite side. Transfer steaks to a cutting board and cut against the grain into thin slices.
5) In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and ¼ tsp salt. Add the tomatoes, corn, red onion, and leaf greens, tossing to coat. Divide salad between 2 plates and top with steak.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 430, Total Fat 26g, Total Carbohydrates 19g, Total Sodium 330mg, Total Protein 33g