This light and fresh salad has punchy bright flavors and a variety of textures with a little something for everyone. Tender shrimp are sous vide and then combined with sweet mango, crunchy cucumber, nutty cashews, leafy greens, and pungent shallot in a simple lime vinaigrette. Substitute fresh pineapple or juicy papaya for mango if desired.
Tropical Shrimp Salad
- 8 oz peeled, deveined shrimp, vacuum sealed
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup toasted cashews, roughly chopped
1) Place shrimp in a Suvie pan, cover with water, and insert into the top right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 130°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 0 minutes
2) After the cook, remove shrimp from packaging and pat dry. Whisk lime juice and extra virgin olive oil together in a medium bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3) Divide mixed greens between plates and drizzle with dressing, turning to coat with your hands. Divide shrimp, mango, avocado, shallot, and cashews over the greens. Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 340, Total Fat 22g, Total Carbohydrates 9g, Total Sodium 380mg, Total Protein 33g