Our classic Baked Ziti recipe was so popular that we decided to add meatballs to the mix for a new vibe. To keep the recipe as fast and as simple as the original we utilize premade meatballs (although if you want to use homemade meatballs, please, don’t hold back!). Serve the finished dish with a generous sprinkling of basil for a quick and easy dinner the whole family will enjoy.
Baked Pasta with Meatballs
- ¾ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup roughly chopped basil
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups marinara sauce, divided
- 6 oz ziti pasta, divided
- 9 oz Italian meatballs (about 6 medium), cut in half
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1) In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta, Parmesan, egg, and basil until well combined.
2) Spread half the marinara over the bottom of a Suvie pan and then top with half the ziti.
3) Dollop half the ricotta mixture over the ziti and spread into an even layer. Top ricotta mixture with all of the meatballs. Repeat layering process with remaining marinara, ziti, and ricotta followed by a final layer of mozzarella. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 2 hours
4) After the cook, broil until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 5-7 minutes. Remove ziti from Suvie, divide between six plates, and serve.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 2 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 510, Total Fat 24g, Total Carbohydrates 44g, Total Sodium 730mg, Total Protein 28g.