Our white wine braised chicken thigh recipe was so popular we decided to riff on it by swapping onions for leeks and wine for lemony chicken broth. With a long slow cook followed by a broil to finish, you get the same delicious results as the original recipe. If desired, this recipe can be doubled by splitting the chicken between two Suvie pans; broil broccoli rabe in batches.
Braised Lemon Chicken with Hearty Greens
- 1 small leek, white portion only, halved, rinsed, and thinly sliced
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 lbs total)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 large lemon, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 10 oz broccoli rabe
- 2 tsp olive oil
1) Thinly slice leek and transfer to a Suvie pan. Pat chicken thighs dry and season generously with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Arrange chicken on top of leeks and scatter garlic garlic over chicken. Squeeze lemon quarters over chicken and then nestle into pan. Pour broth into pan. Insert pan to bottom of Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook Low for 4 hours
Top Zone: Slow Cook Low for 4 hours
2) Once the chicken is done cooking, arrange broccoli rabe in a second Suvie pan, drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil, and sprinkle with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Place pan in top zone of Suvie. Broil chicken and broccoli rabe for 10-15 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking until chicken is browned and broccoli rabe is softened.
3) Remove pan from Suvie, season chicken and broccoli rabe to taste with salt and pepper, divide between plates, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 560, Total Fat 40g, Total Carbohydrates 6g, Total Sodium 790mg, Total Protein 40g.