These rich and flavorful stuffed shells come together quickly thanks to pre-cut, frozen squash. No peeling or chopping required! Simply mash the squash with a flavorful blend of ricotta, herbs, and spices for shells that are as delicious to eat as they are simple to make. To make the filling process easy, be sure to pick through the box of pasta for shells with large openings.
Butternut Squash Stuffed Shells
- 1 ¼ cup frozen butternut squash (about 5 oz)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ⅔ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 15 jumbo pasta shells, uncooked
1) Combine 1 cup frozen butternut squash and 2 tsp olive oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave for 2-4 minutes or until squash is tender. Mash with a fork and set aside.
2) In a large bowl, stir together ⅔ cup whole milk ricotta cheese, ½ tsp onion powder, ½ tsp oregano, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ red pepper flakes, and mashed squash until smooth.
3) Spread ½ cup marinara over the bottom of a Suvie pan. Fill 15 jumbo pasta shells with filling and arrange in Suvie pan seam side down. Pour remaining marinara over the shells and insert into your Suvie. Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Bake at 425°F for 45 minutes
Top Zone: Bake at 425°F for 0 minutes
4) After the cook, top shells with cheese and broil for 5 minutes or until melted. Remove pan from Suvie and allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 330, Total Fat 14g, Total Carbohydrates 37g, Total Sodium 660mg, Total Protein 16g.