This incredibly tender and fluffy cake is a fantastic accompaniment for any Italian dinner. The olive oil is the star of the show in this recipe, and we’ve added lemon juice and zest for a pop of citrusy flavor. For a perfect dinner and dessert combo, bake the cake at the same time alongside our Risotto Milanese or Butternut Squash & Sage Risotto.
Lemon Olive Oil Cake
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, from about 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, plus extra for garnish, from about 2 lemons
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tbsp confectioners sugar
1) In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, eggs, and milk.
2) Add dry ingredients into wet and whisk until just combined.
3) Pour batter into parchment-lined Suvie pan and load into upper right cooking zone. Insert pan into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 1 hour 30 minutes
4) After the cook, remove pan from Suvie. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. To serve, dust with confectioners sugar and slice. Garnish with extra lemon zest.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pan into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 1 hour 30 minutes.
Nutritional Information per serving (12 servings per recipe): Calories 236, Total Fat 15.4g, Total Carbohydrates 20g, Total Sodium 161mg, Total Protein 3.7g