Liven up store-bought marinara sauce with spicy red pepper flakes, fresh garlic, and extra olive oil. This flavorful mixture serves as the braising liquid for sweet and tender wild shrimp. Serve your spicy marinara shrimp over perfectly cooked pasta for a quick, delicious, and easy weeknight dinner. Increase or decrease the amount of red pepper flakes based on your spice tolerance.
Spicy Shrimp in Marinara
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 8 oz peeled, deveined shrimp
- 4 oz pasta
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1) In a Suvie pan, stir together marinara sauce, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Add shrimp, stirring to coat in sauce. Transfer pan to the bottom zone of Suvie. Input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Sous Vide at 130°F for 1 hour
Top Zone: None
2) Place 4 oz pasta in the Suvie starch strainer set within the Suvie pasta pot (green handles). Cover pot with lid and place inside the Suvie Starch Cooker, ensuring the pot is centered on the hot plate. Input settings and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Starch Cooker Settings
Pasta, 2 cups, 10 minutes
3) After the cook, remove pans from your Suvie and combine shrimp mixture with pasta in a large bowl, stirring to incorporate. Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide between bowls, and top with parsley just before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 440, Total Fat 12g, Total Carbohydrates 51g, Total Sodium 1100mg, Total Protein 37g