Liven up store-bought marinara sauce with spicy red pepper flakes, fresh garlic, and extra olive oil. This flavorful mixture serves as the braising liquid for sweet and tender wild shrimp. Serve your spicy marinara shrimp over perfectly cooked pasta for a quick, delicious, and easy weeknight dinner. Increase or decrease the amount of red pepper flakes based on your spice tolerance.
[recipe title=”Spicy Shrimp in Marinara” servings=”2″ time=”10 minutes” difficulty=”2 hours”]
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 8 oz peeled, deveined shrimp
- 4 oz pasta
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1) In a Suvie pan, stir together marinara sauce, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and garlic clove. Add shrimp, stirring to coat in sauce. Transfer Suvie pan to the top right zone of your Suvie. Place pasta in a starch pan and insert into the bottom right zone of your Suvie. Fill reservoir, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
My Cook > Multi-Zone Settings
Protein: 130°F for 1 hour
Vegetable: 0 minutes
Starch: 13 minutes
2) After the cook, remove both pans from your Suvie and combine shrimp mixture with pasta in a large bowl, stirring to incorporate. Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide between bowls, and top with parsley just before serving.
Nutritional Information per serving (2 servings per recipe): Calories 440, Total Fat 12g, Total Carbohydrates 51g, Total Sodium 1100mg, Total Protein 37g