Suquet de Peix is a simple fish stew from the Catalunya region on the eastern coast of Spain. The stew typically uses any fresh seafood — shrimp, mussels, clams, or whitefish — with a potato and tomato base that adds body to the dish. Serve with bread to dip in this flavorful stew and a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
Suquet de Peix
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 lb yukon gold potatoes, sliced into ¼-inch half-moons
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fish stock
- 8 oz white fish, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 oz peeled, deveined shrimp
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 baguette
1) Combine garlic and paprika with 1 tbsp olive oil in a Suvie pan and *broil for 7 minutes.
*if you plan on scheduling this meal sauté the ingredients in a skillet over medium heat for 1 minute instead of broiling
2) After the broil, divide the garlic, potatoes, and diced tomatoes between two Suvie pans. Season with salt and pepper then divide the fish stock between both pans. Insert pans into your Suvie, input settings, and cook now or schedule.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 2 hours
3) After the cook, add the white fish and shrimp on top of the stew. Return to Suvie and broil for 7 minutes or until the fish and shrimp are opaque and cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4) Divide the between bowls, garnish with chopped parsley, and serve with bread.
Note: If you would like to make this recipe in Suvie 1.0, insert pans into the top zones of Suvie, fill reservoir, and set to Slow Cook on High for 2 hours.
Nutritional Information per serving ( servings per recipe): Calories 370, Total Fat 8g, Total Carbohydrates 46g, Total Sodium 900mg, Total Protein 26g