This ultra creamy cauliflower soup is the perfect cold weather meal. Rich, thick and hearty, this soup requires only 6 ingredients, 10 minutes of prep time, and is vegetarian (easily make the soup vegan by swapping olive oil in for the butter). Serve this soup with slices of toasted bread and a side salad for a complete and cozy meal.
Ultra Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower (1 ½ to 2 lbs), cut into small florets
- ½ tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
1) In a Suvie pan, stir together 4 tbsp melted butter, 1 sliced onion, and 1 minced garlic clove. Place pan in bottom zone of Suvie and broil for 16 minutes, stirring halfway through.
2) Remove pan from Suvie and stir in cauliflower florets, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper, and 3 cups warm water. Return pan to Suvie Input settings and cook now.
Suvie Cook Settings
Bottom Zone: Slow Cook High for 2 hours
3) Remove pan from Suvie, transfer to a blender and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Return to Suvie pan and place in Suvie to warm or transfer to a pot and heat over medium until warm.
4) Divide soup between bowls, season with red wine vinegar and parsley, and serve.
Nutritional Information per serving (4 servings per recipe): Calories 160, Total Fat 12g, Total Carbohydrates 12g, Total Sodium 640mg, Total Protein 4g.